Stuck rear drum on 91 civic

I am new to the forum but I noticed a couple of posts earlier regarding this topic. I am a weekend do it yourselfer and I have a 91 civic 4 door with 190000 miles on it. I have tried just about everything to get the drum off but it will not come completely loose. Have put the helper bolts in and step tightened them to the point where the drum backs off and the retaining pins popped out of the back (broken) but the drum remains attatched, yet loose. I have banged on the outside edge and it is loose enought to turn (with some resistance) but will not come completely off. I know there must be something I am missing. I am prepared to replace the entire assembly drum/pads/springs/etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
doityrslfrjr

Do you by any chance have the handbrake on? Sounds like the shoes are still grabbing the drum. Try backing off the brake shoe adjustment.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

That's sounds like the problem to me as well.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I think you probly have the problem like mine before the durm rusted and stick to the hud surface , what I did was loosen the hud nut then took the whole thing out one big strike the drum came right off.

Steve Mackie wrote:

Reply to
badass