Suggestions for refinishing Civic placstic hub caps

I have a 95 Civic and the finish is coming off the plastic hub caps. Anybody have any real good ideas on how to refinish them so the look nice again?

Reply to
Philip Kline

Philip Kline wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

use a plastic-bonding primer(for plastic auto bumpers) and then a few top coats of your favorite finish. Let them cure fully before re-installing them on your wheels. You could use metallic paints,metal-flake paints,hammertone paint.....

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Do you have any brand names for the plastic-bonding primers? I'm not familiar with these and possibly a source for such things via the internet? I'd like to give this a try.

Reply to
Philip Kline

Go to a regular paint store and get primer for plastic.

Reply to
JRL

Try "Bulldog Adhesion Promoter" from the Wal-Mart auto paint section.

Reply to
NWF_Snake