hub caps?

Hi All,

2006 Forrester

The plastic hold fasts are starting break on my hub caps. So, I thought it was time to replace all four of them. But, before does so, I thought I'd ask you guys if there was a better (reasonably priced) replacement hub cap, or should I go with OEM?

Many thanks,

-T

Reply to
Todd

Have you checked junk yards?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Hi Yousuf,

The Originals (OEM) are *plastic*. They'd be worse in the junk yard. And who totals a Subi these days?

-T

Reply to
Todd

The teenage hoons, the thieves stealing them, ... the people who throw their car away when it becomes "to costly" to repair (and then buy an even costlier newer car). ;-)

Personally I'd never buy a car with hub caps since they're always a pain-in-the-sit-upon. Thankfully hub caps are becoming rare these days as manufacturers move towards alloy wheels on all their models as standard.

If you're stuck with hub cap wheels, then I'd just get cheapo caps from the local car parts store since you're going to have to keep replacing them anyway.

Reply to
Your Name

What size rims? all metal 14 and 15 inch caps from old mopars, GMs and Fords are still relatively easy to come by if you know where to look - and they stay on and don't break.

Reply to
clare