Symptons for Fuel System Cleaning

How can you tell when your fuel system needs to be cleaned for a Honda?

Reply to
Skippy

Possibly a flooded engine after sitting a few hours or overnight, caused by sticking fuel injectors.

I just add a bottle of Chevron Techron ($6 at Wal-Mart) two weeks before about every other oil change, to a near empty tank. Then fill.

What's your specific situation?

Reply to
Elle

The car runs good and then the check engine light goes on and sometimes the cars is acting like it does not get the gas. I have had 6 diagnostic test and only one showed which I question. The check engine light goes off after one trip. When this first happened 5 months ago, the car was fishbiting. I thought I might have gotten bad gas.

Reply to
Skippy

You have to tell us the NUMBER of the CODE they retrieved (not the interpretation).... All else is speculation without it. Your problem could be anything.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

The code P1259 VTEC P0011 P0301 P0502 P0300. The next test with someone else did not show anything.

Skippy

Reply to
Skippy