temp gauge

After I changed the radiator in my 95 Civic the Coolant temp gauge stopped working. It doesn't appear to be running hot (the fan still comes on and
you can drive it 200+ miles and it will start the next morning) but I'd really like the gauge back. I'm almost certain that I must have forgotten to plug something in but so far I have been unable to locate the sensor.
thanx, David
Hi David,
It seems like you did forget to plug something in. I installed a new radiator in my Honda Civic 93, which 92/95 Honda Civics are the same style, and as you know these years have problems with the engine being over heated. After I changed my radiator, I have not been having any problems.
Hopefully you installed the 100% copper radiator, and with the steel top. The oem ones have the cheap plastic, and can and do crack over time.
When you removed your radiator, there were two plugs, one is for the radiator fan, and one is for the sensor. I would go back and check and make sure both are plugged in properly. That is probably what is wrong.
Good luck! Janos
Janos,
There appears to be only one plug. It is directly in front of the radiator overflow container. I removed the overflow container and a section of the air intake piping to get a clear view of the whole radiator. The only wires coming from the radiator are the ones from the fan motor.
thanx again, David

I just looked to double check, and yeah there is only one plug, which is for the fan, but there must be something in there that reads the temp gauge, because otherwise it wouldn't know what the radiator was cooling.
I am not an expert nevertheless, but I did replace mine, and I haven't been having any problems. My car used to overheat daily, until I changed it. It's so hot here, cars can overheat easily.
I just looked in my book, and it appears that the sensor is somewhere right located near the waterpump or around that area.
good luck