I hate to admit this...

but I can't seem to find the sensor for the temp gauge in my wifes '95 Civic LX. The gauge died but the car is not over heating and the cooling fan still come on periodically. Can someone please tell me where I can find the sensor that tells the gauge whats up?

Thanx, David

Reply to
DGB

"DGB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

It's in line with, and immediately in front of, the thermostat housing. It has a single yellow/green wire with a black sleeve covering it.

Two tests before you mess with it:

1) Check the #15 fuse in the under-dash fuse box (actually REMOVE it to check); 2) With the ignition OFF, remove the connector from the sender and short the yel/grn wire to a ground. Go sit back in the driver's seat, and turn the ignition ON. The gauge should begin to move to full-hot. TURN IGNITION OFF BEFORE GAUGE ACTUALLY REACHES FULL HOT!
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thank you, I will try this right after lunch today and get back to you!

thanx again, David

Reply to
DGB

Meantime, check your rad is full to the very top and fill your reservoir to MAX. Check it for the next two days in the morning. If it gets lower, you may not have sender trouble. Use Honda premix, not tap water.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'