Tires Too Large for '01 Civic

Would 205/55R-16 tires be too large(wide) for a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe ? Stock is 185/65R-15.

Reply to
Chief_Billy

I got goodyear Assurance confortred, size 205/55/16 but on a 4 door 2002 civic. There there is no issue what so ever for fitting. I would guess that the coupe front end would be identical to a 4 door and I have more than enough clearance at front. At the back, well obviously, coupe and 4dr = different so I can't confirm. yet, these tires are not huge either. Unless you made modification to your car, I would not see why there would be an issue.

The wheels also appear much wider than stock so the look is great. However, there is a slight speed difference which gets noticed the faster you go. However, I would say that below 60 m/h, there is no concern. As tire wear down, it will also get closer and closer to stock speed.

Anyhow, no worries, go ahead

By the way. I don't recommend the Assurance confortred for this car. The car is too light for this size and type of tire unless you really just want a stiff sporty ride.

Reply to
Rank

Check out

then click on wheels and tires, and then the tire size comparitor. It really helps to see what the difference is. For your comparison, it's about 1 mph slow on the speedo an .5 inch larger in diamater. Cheers.

Reply to
duckbill

This is 20mm, ~1"

You'd have to see if they would hit the frame. Also, with the tires now, check the clearance on the bottom of the strut springs. Rubbing the trad against these may prove *fatal*

Generally, going a little wider is ok, and 1 in more with a lower profile will be OK. Like duckbill said, go to the Miaita site and plug in the numbers. It will give you a visual representation of the difference in tire sizes.

Bear in mind though even minor changes in tire sizes can throw the suspension geometry off...

Reply to
Hachiroku