Tire size for 5.5j rims

I realize this has probably been rehashed a 1000 times in this group. BUT

I have a set of 5.5j rims for my 73 super vert. What tires will fit? Will the standard size fit the wider rim? Will a wider tire fit ? The car is not lowered & i wish to have a stock look. I'm sure someone has don this before. Thanks!

Reply to
gevans

I'm using 185/65 on 5.5j rims on my 72 Super Joao

Joao Eliseu

175/65 is about the biggest the law allows here. (and tire manufacturers).

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

OOps I meant 185

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Does a 185/65 R15 have the same diameter as a stock tire? 165 R15 ?

Reply to
gevans

No it's a little bit smaller, but it's not a big deal.

Reply to
Anthony

round black ones

Reply to
fullopiss

I have 185/65R-15 on the front and 205/75R-15 on the back of my '71 standard. It is stock height all around and they fit and ride nicely.

Fweem.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Tosi