Largest Tire size for 17² Rims on a 2004 V70

Replacing the stock tires on a 2004 V70 2.5T B5254T engine. The current tire is a Pirelli P6 P235/45R 17 94V m+s. I would like more height, maybe P235/55R, 65R, 75R or P245/45R, 55R, 65R, 75R. The more the better. Any info on the maximum size without side effects like rubbing would be appreciated. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and never use snow chains if that gives more clearance.

Reply to
Alexander Grant

Nothing So far. Got this from Volvo: The only 17" tires recommended for your 2004 V70 2.5T are 235/45/17. We cannot recommend using tires with a higher profile/sidewall as it may affect the vehicle's roadholding and handling. Volvo Cars of North America Lets see the stock Pirelli P6 P235/45R 17 94V m+s the load index of 94 = 1477 Lbs ok! i accept that. The speed rating V = 149 mph, 240 km/h ok! i accept that. Years ago we had unlimited speed in Nevada but no longer. So i am looking for a little more rubber between the road and my rim without rubbing. As an example Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge

235/50R 17 96V the load index of 96 = 1565 Lbs The speed rating V = 149 mph, 240 km/h and the difference between 45R and 50R the aspect ratio is a radius of 13.1 inches instead of the original 12.7 inches Or i could live dangerously with a Eagle RS-A 235/55R 17 98 W the load index of 98 = 1653 Lbs The speed rating W = 168 mph, 240 km/h radius of 13.6 inches instead of the original 12.7 inches Go Faster and carry more Decisions decisions and of course will they rub!!!
Reply to
Alexander Grant