Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

I was at low mark and then added like 1/4 quart (250 ml or so) and the thing seems to have gone up past the max. Well, it's really hard to read and the transmission is cold. What's the level b/ min & max?

I own a 2003 Pilot. Thanks!

Reply to
Tony54

Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.

Reply to
Tony54

Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic transmissions are measured with the engine off...

Reply to
Tony54

Tony54 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured

1) with the engine HOT, and 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.

Just for you, I did a Google search:

And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks!

So the guy was actually right. ;)

Reply to
Tony54

Confirmed by the manual: Engine off!

I went through it before and paid little attention to that part since I thought it was a given the engine had to be running.

There's an issue with it, which is adding oil is a pain since the opening for the stick is so small. No funnel fits. I was lucky NOT to put too much fluid.

Reply to
Tony54

Did you look for a 'fill' plug located about 6 inches back (toward the firewall) from the dipstick? That's how you fill many of the Accords, I'd guess pilot might be the same.

Reply to
Al

Yep, it's there. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tony54