UK Civic Isuzu Diesel Question

Am looking to buy a UK 2003 Honda Civic 1.7 cDTi which I believe has the Isuzu sourced engine with 56k miles on it. My question is whether the Isuzu
engine is reliable or whether there are any known issues with it? Am currently using a Ford Focus TDCi which, engine wise, is fantastic but I am a high mileage user and need to know that the Honda is likely to go round the clock without too many issues.
Thanks in advance
Puzzer wrote:

don't all london taxi's have isuzu diesels? those things do millions of miles from what i hear.

Yeah they do but am not sure - certainly the older ones had Perkins engines but not sure about Isuzu.