Used Pilot?

I don't think that is the difference. I'm pretty anal retentive about inflation pressures, rotations and alignment. Maybe its just the crappy Texas roads. I have tried both Michelin and Goodyear with similar results.

My only complaint about Michelin is that when I have needed warranty consideration for a defective tire, they absolutely do not honor the warranty, which effectively increases the cost even more over the premium they already charge for their tires. Cost of ownership wise, I think practically any other comparable tire ends up being cheaper.

Reply to
E Meyer

Well, maybe it is the roads, I dunno. Driving habits may affect things some too, of course. I'm not overly abusive with heavy braking and so on, although I don't think I really "baby" the tires, either.

I think the somewhat premium prices for the Michelins are worth it. I have pretty much gone over to using them exclusively. In 30 years of driving, I have never once needed to use a warranty on any tire, regardless of brand.

Reply to
Dan C