2006 vs 2005 forester Consumer Reports ratings?

Hi All,
I am on a used car hunt. I have a line on a 2006 forrester that looks good.
The Comsumer's Reports used car buying guide
for 2007 says that the 2005 forrester is a good buy. I haven't got my hands on the 2008 guide yet.
Does anyone know if the 2006 forrester did as well or better than the 2005?
Many thanks, -T
On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:39:53 GMT, ToddAndMargo

I have an '05, its basically the same as '06. The tail light looks different, but mechanically they're the same. Had an '03 which was totaled, it was identical to my '05. Consumer Reports says the new model this spring will be a larger redesign with stability control.
--

mred

mred wrote:

Thank you!
ToddAndMargo wrote:

You might look around at www.cars101.com for some model info by year.
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

are the engine heat vents functional on WRX/STI and are they really needed that the 2.5 engine does not take up a lot of space in the engine bay? http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2008.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Which "engine heat vents" do you mean ??

the ones in the back of the wheel fenders in the 08 WRX/STI pics on the url provided by Carl and subsequently copied into the post that you replied to.
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 16:39:53 -0500, ToddAndMargo wrote

Forester is in the list of Best of the Best for models from 1998-2007, and the 2006 is specifically listed among the Good Choices in the $16-$18,000 price range, the 2007 in the $18-$20,000 price range.
--
John Varela
Trade NEW lamps for OLD for email.