Berlingo Limp Home Mode

Belingo van starts and runs fine up to about 2500 rpm then feels choked after that and goes into limp home mode - any ideas what to look out for?

TIA

HOG88 ~oOo~ ( )

Reply to
HOG88

you need to find a garage with a scanner, this can read the ecu and come up with a trouble code.

Could be just a glitch, but this will put the engine into limp mode untill the code is cleared.

They can erase the code to make it work again!! But it may not be just a glitch, if the same code comes back you will have to spend.

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim

HOG88 ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Give us a clue...

Petrol? Diesel? XUD/DW8/HDi?

Reply to
Adrian

Just a guess, but HDI

Xsara Picasso's are allways going to limp mode, but I cant remember what the fault code reading was.

I think it may have allways been fuel pressure sensor, but not 100% sure.

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim

Because it may be relevant to the original poster's problem, I'll repost a message I sent in Feb 2006 ########################################################### C3 SX diesel, bought December 2002.

About the middle of 2005, the engine warning light came on during a journey; I stopped and phoned the garage whence I bought the car.

I was told to wait a couple of minutes with the engine off; the system was being over-cautious. Good advice; that fixed it (and always has.)

However, it keeps happening, four times in one very unusual day during a journey of a little over 200 miles. Since mid December 2005, it's happened a total of nine times.

The garage seem puzzled; I was told to beware of driving too slow for the gear- go to gear n only at n*10 mph. They took details, saying that there had been other reports of this sort of problem. The exhaust recycling valve -have I got that right? -was mentioned after they connected it to their diagnostic kit..

Anybody else have a similar problem? The probability of my next car being a C3 was 90% a year ago; it's rather lower now. #########################################################

-- Per ardua ad nauseam

Reply to
tersono

Hi

Thanks for input, its a friends van and he says its a 2.0L HDI

Cheers

HOG88 ~oOo~ ( )

Reply to
HOG88