06 Sonata cabin air filter -how the !@#$ do you get it out?

Trying to change the cabin air filter in my 06 Sonata... three of the four black plastic clips on the filter frame have all broken off in the process of trying to pull out the old filter. And the fourth one is hanging by a thread.

All I did was squeeze them toward each other like the manual said. Snapped right off.

So, how the heck does this frame come out now that the release clips (which didn't work anyway) are gone?

Anyone got the part number for a new filter frame. Assuming I ever get the old one out of course....

Sigh.

Thanks!

Reply to
PMDR

Squeeze the filter to squish the ribs... It will bow at the top and bottom. Crappy ascii graphic:

Reply to
Bob

Yup, that would be doing it exactly like the manual sez to extract the filter.

Reply to
D&SW