1992 Elantra: How can I read the Engine Control Unit Codes?

First of all, is it possible?

If it is, how can I do it? My Chilton book does not explain it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Reply to
Jean Castonguay

There's a connector in your fuse box. One of the pins provides code output for your engine computer, another for your trans computer. Go to

and register for an account. Once you get your password, go to service information, select your vehicle and the shop manual tab. In the fuel section, the manual should give you a good picture of the connector and the procedure for checking the engine codes. I've done this with an analog voltmeter and simply counted the meter sweeps.

Reply to
hyundaitech