1999 Elantra Problem

This morning I went to warm up my car for several minutes. Everything seems hunky dory, no strange engine behavior. But the second I pop it into reverse, engine dies. I start it several more times, and the moment I shift down to either R, N, or D, same deal. Electrical stuff seems to be working fine. There?s about 55000 miles on the car.

Can anyone give me a vague idea as to what the deal could be? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
brimoral

Could be anything from low transmission fluid to any of a number of sensors or actuators. If you're unable to narrow the possibilities, you're probably best off taking the car to a qualified driveability shop for diagnosis.

Reply to
hyundaitech