2002 instrument cluster GC

The last few mornings when starting the mini-van (2002 GC ES with 3.8L) all of the gear shift indicators are lit with a green block around "P", "R", "N", "D", "2", and "1". It also showed this behavior the other afternoon while running some errands.

If I shift to reverse (R) or beyond only that individual mode is lit (normal), and then back to Park (P) only the P is lit.

I have run the instrument calibraton with no effect. I also flipped the ignition switch to check for codes and it returns dolely "done".

Any ideas what is going on?

Reply to
Steph

It could be a faulty PRNDL switch on the valve body in the transmission or a communication fault.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in news:X42dnXLx34voK0jbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The transmission has been torn apart several times, would this lean towards guessing one of the above over another?

Also, the power sliding doors won't operate when all are lit, I assume that fits the scenario. Wouldn't the communication fault throw a code? Or is it just a code not retreivable via the igition toggling and the Dealer or other fancy OBD-II reader is required.

Thanks

Reply to
Steph

The doors wont open because it has no idea where the transmission selector is at. The doors are not supposed to open in drive or reverse. Have the trans module and PCM scanned for any fault codes.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower