2000 Sonata drops to third gear and stays there until I restart the engine.

I've been having this trouble for some time now. I could be driving at any speed when the transmission will drop down a gear and stay there. If I restart the engine the tranny will shift properly until this problem reoccurs. I have codes too. P1529, I have no idea what that one is, I was told it is a manufacturer specific code. P0720 "The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the output speed sensor" . P0715 "The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the input circuit for the turbine speed sensor." Please help this is driving me insane.

Reply to
jefferypuffenbarger

Sounds like you have a problem with a speed sensor and this is confusing your transmissions control computer. Take it to a competent garage and get it fixed.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

P1529 is simply an indicator that the transmission computer requested the check engine lamp. Your descriptions for P0715 and P0720 are correct.

In nearly every instance when I've seen P0715 or P0720, the problem has been with the sensor. I'd recommend replacing both the input speed sensor and the output speed sensor. Chances are this will take care of the entire problem.

Reply to
hyundaitech