2001 Accent Power Loss -- Help!!

My daughter has a 2001 Accent with almost 160k miles on it. For the last couple of months, the engine has had some major issues. It starts and idles ok, but when the clutch is engaged, it loses power and stalls. Once it warms up, it does a little better, but still hesitates. The local Hyundai dealer told her it was the ignition coil. She thought that sounded a little strange so she took it to NAPA, where they checked the coil and said it was fine. They also cleaned the injectors and replaced the fuel filter. The plugs have also been changed. Another thing, the check engine light is also illuminated. Any ideas? Hyundaitech??

Reply to
Okie

I'd say to start with checking the stored diagnostic trouble code. Chances are good that it's related to your problem.

Why did you think the ignition coil was a strange resolution? An arcing coil will cause a misfire and a lack of power.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Spark plugs wire? I have to change them every year on my Accent 2000

1.5L.
Reply to
Pascal Boivin