2001 sonata timing belt times (2) 3 1/2 hrs.

Ihad my sonata belts( plural) changed today by an excellent mech and it required 3 1/2 hrs.using speacial tools! Still he said it was better then some cars! I'm still getting me a retro car with manual transmission and rear wheek drive that I can control some of my repair cost, Ilike my Sonata and have taken good care of it but I'm going to let it rest a little more!

Reply to
taters2

Do you really think that buying and maintaining a second car is cheaper than maintaining your Sonata?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Re Matt; My sonata has been one of the most dependable cars, not the best but close after owning around 45 cars and trucks, in my 70+ years.I bought a new mustang in 1966 drove it 6 years with a point condenser and plug change.1984 Dodge 4cyclinder 5 speed caravan I wish I had back, no trouble except for a coil 4 years.a 1951 chevrolet got near new drove 6 years no truoble.It's like they say if you own two pair of shoes and you wear one pair one day and the other pair the next day they last longer.(a No brainer!)In other words if my Hyundai fuel pump goes tomorrow and I don't have $350.00 bucks at the time I will drive my retro with fuel pump of $20.00 _ thanks

Reply to
taters2

But having two pairs of shows still costs you more per day than one pair as some deterioration is age dependent not just mileage dependent. Same for cars.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Oops, that was meant to be shoes!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Dear Matt, Not nessacerly true, I have a 75 year old ford setting next to the hundayia in same garage with 53000 miles on it that does not show its age like some of the new cars, has no rust or dings!!

Reply to
taters2

I was thinking more of rubber and plastic parts, etc. Now, I realize that when you go back 75 years, the plastic was steel or wool or some such material! However, I believe even the Model T had rubber tires and other rubber parts that deteriorate over time from UV, ozone, etc.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting