2003 Elantra GT Radio

Is AM radio reception a problem for anyone else out there ? I live about 30 miles from Boston and the reception is terrible most of the time. 1. Is this a common problem ? 2. If so is there a solution ? 3. If so does Hyundai know about it ?

Reply to
news.verizon.net

We have a 2005 GLS Hatch and have the same problem. AFAIK, it's known about. I'll have to check the messages at

on this to find out what others have done to solve this problem

Reply to
Andy S

I've looked at a number of sites including the one Andy refered to. Some sites say it's the radio, others say it's the signal. Nothing definitive that I've found. I'm considering a J C Whitney component to boost the signal, so I actually opened another string on the same topic. Check "elantra antenna signal booster" posted earlier this morning. Maybe we can all learn something new. Good luck; if you get this fixed please bounce somethnig back to me. If I get the booster and it works out, I'll pass that on.

Reply to
elantra05newbie

It's been my experience that nearly all Hyundai radios have poor AM reception.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The Kenwood that came in my '04 EGT isn't good, either.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

didnt think people even listened to AM anymore...

Reply to
Pete

It depends. There's a lot of content on AM that's not available on FM. I don't listen to it a lot, but there are times I want to and I expect decent reception.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I solved this problem with the help of a member from Australia. I also live 30 miles from Boston. Are you north or south? Maybe I can show you what I did. Changed the antenna cable from back to front, right into the radio. What a difference!!! Dashboard removal required, but it's not as hard as I expected. See thread named "elantra radio signal booster?? for information from "yellow_elantra" This works!

Reply to
elantra05newbie