2003 Tib Start Problems

My 03 Tiburon V6 6 speed will not start. I jumped the car and went directly to a local auto store and bought a new battery. When I got it in, I turn my key to being to start the car and all my lights dim real low/off. They eventually come back up but if I hit the brake, all lights go off. The store brought out another battery, same type, and the same thing happens. Cables are good, connections are good. This is the correct type of battery for my model of car but for some reason, it will not even build enough juice to start. PLEASE HELP. The dealership in Abilene is HELL & I don't want to go back.

Reply to
SinCityX

It sounds like a short somewhere is draining the electrical system. The first thing I'd do is to pull the alternator and have it tested.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Either the batteries are discharged or there?s a problem with a voltage drop in your car?s power or ground system. Take the battery back to the supplier and ask them to check it. If it checks good, the problem is most likely with the car.

"SinCityX" wrote: > My 03 Tiburon V6 6 speed will not start. I jumped the car and > went > directly to a local auto store and bought a new battery. When > I got it > in, I turn my key to being to start the car and all my lights > dim real > low/off. They eventually come back up but if I hit the brake, > all > lights go off. The store brought out another battery, same > type, and > the same thing happens. Cables are good, connections are good. > This is > the correct type of battery for my model of car but for some > reason, it > will not even build enough juice to start. PLEASE HELP. The > dealership > in Abilene is HELL & I don't want to go back.

Reply to
Hyundaitech