2003 Tiburon - will not start up

I have had some fairly consistent problems with my car. I got it used in 2004. I am a grad student in the boston area and as such donot drive the car as often now. I had to have it jumped 2-3 times before and finally had the battery replaced. (given, 1 or 2 times were during winter so it was very likely I had not started it frequently enough) I did have the battery replaced very recently with a six year battery since it was about time.

about a month and a half ago, the alarm was erratic and the car would not start as a result. The Triple AAA guy got it started and I brought it to a Hyundai car repair and they had to reprogram the alarm but said the battery was fine. I am basically having the same problem again.Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Reply to
carrie.schuman

Back to the Hyundai dealer for further investigation?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

The number one cause of setting off the alarm for no reason is a problem with the hood switch or its adjustment. To check this, you could just unplug it and see if the problem goes away.

Reply to
hyundaitech