2004 accent surge

My 2004 Accent surges on the highway after it has been running about 20 minutes. Surges between 2500-3000rpm. Has 59000KM. Should I be concerned? What can I do? Cheaply if possible as it is out of warranty. Thanks

Reply to
fredcat

The first thing you'll need to do is take the car to a very good diagnostic shop to find out what's wrong. It'll be nearly impossible to figure out without a scan tool and a good technician to sort out what's happening and why. Once you've established what the problem is, you can determine potential damage if not repaired and whether you'd rather repair it or not worry about it.

It's possible you have an issue with the transmission, transmission control module, or throtte position sensor, to name a few of the many possibilities.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thank you. I will have to save up to take it to the dealer. Doesn't sound promising.

Reply to
fredcat