2005 Hyundai Coupé / Tuscani / Tiburon - new stereo

Hi group,

I've recently purchased a UK spec Hyundai Coupé (2005 facelift model), and dissapointed as I was with the factory fit unbranded stereo, I've put a clarion cd/mp3 radio in...

Only - I can't figure out how to fix the damn unit into the car, so it's currently just wedged in, and wobbles about.

How would I go about removing the aluminium effect facia from the car (w/o damaging it!) so that I can access the mount to screw the new unit in tightly?

Any help much appreciated!

Reply to
<Liddle Feesh>

Check for screws holding the trim panel in. It's been long enough since I've done one of these (and I've done few enough) that I don't remember specifically how this one comes off. Check for screws around the ashtray. If the console trim meets with the dash trim, you may need to pull the console trim and check for screws underneath. If you have blanks in the switch area there may be screws behind them (but I don't think so on this car). There will be several clips holding the trim onto the dash.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hi there - thanks for the reply :)

I can't seem to find any screws holding this particular panel in. My guess is it should just pop off - but I need a blunt knife or something to test..

Hope I'm right? Any further suggestions?

Reply to
<Liddle Feesh>

You're pretty much on the right track. Just try to be careful. Automakers can be pretty ingenious sometimes when it comes to hiding fasteners.

Reply to
hyundaitech