How do I work this Hyundai stereo?

My 2000 Hyundai Sonata came with this H935 stereo unit:

It supposedly has a CD changer. I have not been able to figure out how to load the changer, which would be a vertical stack of slots that hold each CD at the edges. I am able to play one CD at at time, but no more. I've reviewed the instructions in the car's manual, which doesn't cover these procedures, yet the unit has controls for changing the disks. Also, as a radio of "Double DIN" height, it appears that it might have enough room to hold a 6-disk stack.

I have had a home unit of similar profile apart for servicing; it is loaded through the same slot in which single disks are placed -- the machine swallows them one-at-a-time (until it breaks). It goes through worrysome gyrations in which it moves things out of the way in order to load, retrieve, and regurgitate the CDs; and then back in place in order to play them. Frankly, I'm amazed that these mechanisms are able to last at all.

Is this contraption really a CD changer, or, are the controls that I see only to run a CD changer that's kept elsewhere, such as in the trunk?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

If it's Like the H-260 it can control a trunk mounted changer. in the options List for yours.... ? 6CD/8CD connection possible Same as my H-260. ? 6CD/8CD connection possible So I think its a single disc unit with a connector to run the trunk mounted changer unit.

Reply to
Andrew Cripps

Right. There is no changer, but there are controls so you can add a changer. Crutchfield has trunk mounted changers that will work.

Reply to
Bob