2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 V6 quit while driving, now it won't start.

2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 4-wd 2.7 V6 quit while driving. Now it cranks, but w on't start. It has 160,000 miles on it. I've replaced the following parts: ECU relay (EFI), crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, coil pack, fuel pressu re regulator, fuel pump, & the engine coolest temperature sensor.

It's getting spark, fuel in the fuel rail, tested the fuel pump (can hear i t), checked all fuses inside instrument panel and under hood (all good). Ba ttery is good and the injectors are getting electricity. Any ideas on where the problem could be? I'm so frustrated and need this vehicle running asap . Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
panda4jsp

Have you put a code reader on it? While the parts you replaced seem to be the logical ones, I'd check for a code first.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Put code reader on it, but no codes show up since the battery had previously been disconnected. Someone suggested it could be the timing belt. Would you agree that might be the next step?

Reply to
panda4jsp

_Investigating_ the timing belt is one of the first things in a situation like yours since the 2.7 is an interference engine. Put a compression tester on at least one bank. Are the numbers reasonable? Be aware that if the belt slips too much your engine will be destroyed.

Paul in Houston TX