A note for those that don't have spares:

I bought this for my wife's 2014 Hyundai. I tried to find a used one, but could not locate one. They must buy genuine Hyundai kits and add their own spare to it. I put it on today and everything was perfect....sure I wish it was cheaper....but safetly is worth it. This is the kit I bought:

jtees4

Worth it IMO. Seems that leaving out the spare has become popular with many car makers. I'm not going without. I ve been caught a couple of times where the flat kit woud not work.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I never had to use the flat kit, but I certainly wouldn't trust it...especially for my wife. My 2014 Elantra came with a spare luckily.

Reply to
jtees4

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:47:03 -0500, jtees4 wrote in

Thanks.

When I bought my 2013 Elantra, I never occurred to me that there might not be at least a "donut" spare as it had been 10 or 12 years since I bought a new car. I've learned my lessons: 1) never assume, 2) never buy another Hyundai.

Reply to
CRNG

Then make sure you don't assume again. Many car manufacturers have eliminated the spare tire, both foreign and domestic brands. There was a list published and I was astonished at some of the upscale models with no spare. Even Cadillac

I've had only two flats in the past 15 or so years, neither would have been helped with an inflator kit. One had a gashed sidewall, the other was a big body bolt through the tread.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I agree on the spare, but I don't agree on not buying another Hyundai. I am on my 5th...they have been amazingly dependable compared since I bought my first in 2003.

Reply to
jtees4

I've purshased 4 Hyundais, I have 20 years driving experience with the first three. I've had my forth 6 months (Genesis). The cars always started, never broke down and passed the government annual check (MOT test) first time every time. Totolly reliable, I would not refuse to buy another over something like the spare tyre.

cheers Nick

Reply to
nick