2005 Tiburon Fuel Door

I have never spilt fuel on my vehicle, yet I have just noticed the feul door is faded and slightly discolored. Will waxing this help or is a replacement necessary? Is this a warranty covered item? Michele

Reply to
michele white

Hello michele,

mw> I have never spilt fuel on my vehicle, yet I have just noticed the mw> feul door mw> is faded and slightly discolored. Will waxing this help or is a mw> replacement mw> necessary? Is this a warranty covered item?

Where is it faded / discoloured? On the inside or outside?

I also have a 2005 Tib with the factory fuel door and have had no colour / paint issues with the door.

Regards, Wayne Moses

Reply to
Wayne Moses

I have a 2003 Tiburon with just 2,000 miles or so past my 100k bumper-to-bumper warrenty, and the paint has started to flake off the top of the ring that surrounds the fuel filler door. No scratches, spills or other abuse. I've also started to encounter it on the surround of the lock on the driver's door, but that is probably subject to the occasional scratch from keys or fingernails. 37 months.

Reply to
Erik Unhjem