2005 Tucson GLS 6 cylinder stumbling

My 2005 Tucson GLS, with the 6 cylinder engine and automatic, is stumbling badly when accelerating from a stop. I put my foot on the gas and the car lurches while the tach swings up and down between

1000-2000 rpm. This started after my last fill up, so it may be a bad tank of gas. I have an appointment with the dealer for next week.

Any ideas what I might be looking at?

Reply to
mitchellk

By the way, there is no check engine light. The car runs fine once up to speed and starts fine.

Reply to
mitchellk

Just a piece of crap Hyundai; should have bought a GM

Reply to
fred

Check to see whether the air intake hose has pulled off the air flow sensor. There?s a technical service bulletin about this issue.

If that?s the problem, you can probably just reattach the hose for now. The fix is to replace the clamps with some that provide more clamping force.

"mitchellk" wrote: > My 2005 Tucson GLS, with the 6 cylinder engine and automatic, > is > stumbling badly when accelerating from a stop. I put my foot > on the > gas and the car lurches while the tach swings up and down > between > 1000-2000 rpm. This started after my last fill up, so it may > be a bad > tank of gas. I have an appointment with the dealer for next > week. > > Any ideas what I might be looking at?

Reply to
Hyundaitech

My 2005 Tucson GLS, with the 6 cylinder engine and automatic, is

and the car lurches while the tach swings up and down between

This started after my last fill up, so it may be a bad

appointment with the dealer for next week.

looking at?

Yeah, a bad tank of gas could have crudded up the fuel filter(s) or got water in the carb/gas line, my guess.

Reply to
Burlo