2000 Sonata GLS

Ok, so I've started having some weird problems with my 2000 Sonata GLS. Occassionally, when I fill up the car it won't start. I have to try several times, this has happened about three times in the past two months all after filling up the car. Any ideas?

The other, is that my check engine light keeps coming on. This happens when I drive all the way to work with either my a/c or my heater on. If it turn either off before I get to work, nothing happens. If they are on the whole trip then the check engine light comes on. I start the car again and the light goes off. This has happened about four times in the past five months. Any clue?

I am at 94,000 miles. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. It's just so odd.

Reply to
Brandi Perry

I also forgot to mention, if I turn on the a/c within 5 minutes of starting the car it makes this weird. Kind of sounds like when you grind the gears on a stick shift.

Reply to
Brandi Perry

It sounds like your purge valve is sticking open intermittently. This will allow fuel vapors into your intake when you fuel and cause the engine to be flooded when you attempt to restart. It could also be the cause of the check engine lamp. I'd recommend replacing the purge control valve, disconnecting the battery for a few seconds, to clear the computer memory, and then seeing if the check engine lamp comes on again.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The noise you hear is from the oil settled in the compressor. It disperses once the compressor runs. This is normal.

Reply to
hyundaitech