2009 Elantra SE starting to shake during 70 mph or more

My car started to shake when I drive 70 mph or more. I don't want to go to the shop without any knowledge. Any experts here can give me some direction on what possibly cause for this problem?

Reply to
Optimus Prime

Does the steering wheel shake or do you feel it more in the seat? Have you hit any pot holes or curbs?

My first thought is tires. You may have lost a balance weight on a wheel, a tire may have a soft spot or bubble. The rear tires on FWD cars often cup on the edges and can vibrate at speed.

It can also be a suspension problem too. If so, since you have an 09, it is probably still under warranty. Tires are usually covered under the tire warranty and uneven wear is probably excluded.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Steering wheel shakes, smooth road, no holes.

Ok, thanks.

Reply to
Optimus Prime