Here comes the refreshed 2018 Hyundai Sonata

Looks like the '18 Sonota received a Korean refresh.

> From AB
>

> Thanks to its debut in South Korea, we have an early look at the
revised Hyundai Sonata that will eventually reach the US with minor
adjustments. And that's not just speculation. We reached out to Jim
Trainor at Hyundai, who told us, "Much of what you have seen from
Korea will be seen here, but there will be differences both on the
exterior and the interior along with some mechanical and option
differences."

> That said, we don't expect major changes to this Korean model. So
without further ado, let's take a look.

> Up front is a thoroughly revised fascia. The most noticeable change
is the grille, which descends much lower in the front bumper, much
like those on the Elantra sedan and Elantra GT hatchback. The top edge
of the grille appears lower, and that brings the whole nose of the car
lower. The hood also has a few more creases running longitudinally.
The exterior varies a bit between models, with the standard model
getting a grille with slats and the 2.0T getting a mesh grille. The
2.0T also gets black headlight bezels and dark chrome all around.

> Though Hyundai didn't provide photos of the interior, the company
says it has been changed, and some of the buttons will have a more
premium feel. The 2.0T also gets a few exclusive interior bits to
complement its unique exterior. The seats have more bolstering, and
the standard steering wheel is replaced with a flat-bottomed piece.

> There are some functional updates to the new Sonata as well. Most
notable is the introduction of an 8-speed automatic on the 2.0-liter
turbocharged four-cylinder model. In the US, the turbo Sonata is only
available with a 6-speed automatic. Hyundai also touts the
introduction of wireless phone charging and lane-keep assist.

> The big differences between this and the US version likely involve
visual tweaks and the packaging of some options. There's also the
question of whether the 8-speed automatic will be available, but it
would be odd if it weren't offered. The Korean model goes on sale
later this year, and Trainor told us the North American debut is
coming soon.

View the attachments for this post at:

Reply to
MummyChunk
I used to watch a lot of Korean movies - people would always drive Hyundai Sonatas.
Reply to
dsi1

Site Timeline Threads