2014 Genesis screen goes blank

Hi all, this has happened more than once already only 6k miles. The Tech Package comes with the 8" screen and there is nothing there, no cd player, no blue link, no radio. This happened one time and I pulled over and restarted the engine everything came up. The last time that didn't work. I looked around online and it was suggested to leave the driver's door open for a minute first then start the vehicle. It came right up. Some theories are that it's best not to push any buttons (especially start engine until the chime ends) and not to use any buttons until you see the Genesis logo on the screen. I've been following this strategy and so far so good. This does appear to happen only when you first enter the vehicle I've never had it go out while driving. From what I'm reading this is not uncommon.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Peter Piper

Package comes with the 8" screen and there is nothing there, no cd player, no blue link, no radio. This happened one time and I pulled over and rest arted the engine everything came up. The last time that didn't work. I lo oked around online and it was suggested to leave the driver's door open for a minute first then start the vehicle. It came right up. Some theories a re that it's best not to push any buttons (especially start engine until th e chime ends) and not to use any buttons until you see the Genesis logo on the screen. I've been following this strategy and so far so good. This do es appear to happen only when you first enter the vehicle I've never had it go out while driving.

Do you mean that the radio, CD, blue link are inop, or do you mean that the y just won't display on the screen?

Reply to
hyundaitech