2K Accent Timing Belt Question @ 120K

I have a Hyundai Accent 2K hatchback with 94K miles, this has been a great car. When I reach 120K will I need change out the timing belt for the second time or I'm I done with the major maintenance of this Accent?

Tom Welch

Reply to
pm4hire

You WILL need to replace it at 120,000, and 180,000, and 240,000, and

300,000 miles (and so on) if you keep it that long.

When one buys a car that uses timing belts, you have to keep that in mind if you are going to keep and run it long term.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

You should change it at the interval recommened in the owner's manual. If it specified 60,000 miles intervals, then, yes, you'll need to change it at 120K, 180K, 240K, etc.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Thank you all for your quick response.