94 Excel Clutch...again

I replaced and bled the slave cylinder on my daughters Excel. (you were right again Hyundaitech) However The clutch now engages and disengages right on the floor, less than 1/2 inch from the bottom. Is there some way to adjust this that I am missing? Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob

Sounds like you still have air in the line. Try bleeding it again.

Reply to
Screwtape III

The other possibility is that the master cylinder is also shot. If bleeding it again doesn't work, that's most likely the case. What often happens is that moisture gets into the system over time and causes corrosion in both the master and slave cylinders. If the clutch fluid wasn't changed periodically, I'll bet that's what happened.

When bleeding the clutch, this is the procedure I use:

1- Top off the fluid in the master cylinder with NEW fluid. 2- Attach a drain tube to the fitting and stick the other end in a jar. 3- Open the fitting 1/4 - 1/2 turn. 4- Have an assistant depress the clutch fully and HOLD IT TO THE FLOOR. 5- Tighten the fitting. This prevents air from getting back in. 6- Have your assistant pump up the clutch again. 7- Repeat steps 3-6 until no bubbles are seen and clean fluid is flowing through the system. Periodically check the fluid level in the master cylinder and top it off. If the fluid gets too low, you'll have to start all over again. 8- When you're finished bleeding the system, top off the fluid level.
Reply to
Brian Nystrom