'92 240SX clutch fluid leaked out

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance, The fluid leaked out of the clutch master cylinder inside the car. So I replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder. I am having a very hard time getting any pedal. Bled and bled and bled till no air comes out but the pedal wont come off the floor. What am I doing wrong. Thanks jessie66

Reply to
Karla & Tom

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance, The fluid leaked out of the clutch master cylinder inside the car. So we replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder. We are having a very hard time getting any pedal. Bled and bled and bled till no air comes out but the pedal wont come off the floor. What are we doing wrong? Or what else could be done to fix this problem? Thanks Karla & Tom

[...]

Check for a 2nd fluid line that branches off between the master and slave cylinders... doesn't actually go anywhere but it needs to be bled too if you have one.

Reply to
JM

Just delete that loop and bleed again. Then you will be good.

Reply to
Charlie Ye

Been there, done that. The answer is to pressurize the system. The trick I used (which I picked up from the Internet) involved a bicycle inner tube (don't get a skinny 10 speed tube) and an old fashioned (hand operated) air pump. Cut the inner tube in half (not too close to the valve). Fold one end over several times and clamp it to form a seal. Stretch the other end over the open resevoir of the clutch master cylinder and pump air into it. Once you have sufficient pressure built up, you'll be able to bleed the rest of the air out of the system.

Good luck

Tracy '89 240SX

"Karla & Tom" wrote:

Reply to