'99 Accent Gas Guage Broken Again!?!?!

Here's the story.

My sister bought a '99 Accent from a dealership and the gas guage wasn't working.

Apparently the dealership had fixed the gas guage previously for the owner so they replaced the entire tank for free.

Worked about a month then it died again.

What's gives?

They're going to fix it for free but I'm questioning how effective that'll be.

What's wrong with it?

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

It'll only be as effective as the weakest link in the repair, whether that's another defective part, improper repair, misdiagnosis, or simply a poor quality part that failed too soon after replacement.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I've had gas gauges malfunction on a couple of cars. I found that it was simpler to get used to filling up based on mileage on the trip computer (reset it at every fill-up) than to try to fix the gas gauge. The in-tank sending units just go bad after a while and they're a pain to replace.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

If the dealer wasn't going to fix it for free, that's exactly what I would do.

But you can't complain about free!

CHris

Reply to
Guncho

Heck no! I didn't realize that it was a warranty issue.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Reply to
Jody

THe repair is free but not through the cars warranty.

The dealer did this exact repair a few months before we bought the car, it broke, they fixed it for us for free and it's broken again.

So it's more like a repair warranty.

Chris

Reply to
Guncho