99 Sonata V6 Timing belt questions

Do I need a puller to remove any of the pully's (including the crankshaft pully)?

In my manual, it states that I have to remove the coolant pump pully, and drive belt. By what I can see, the coolant pump is driven by the back side of the Timing Belt, and NOT the drive belt.... So does it still have to be removed?

I do have all the parts I need: New Water Pump (w/ gasket), Timing Belt, Timing Belt Tensioner... Any thing else I need?

Reply to
99trooper

No, you won't need to pull the water pump pulley. In fact, you can't (at least not without being very likely to break something). It's integral with the water pump. I suspect you may be looking at instructions for the

4 cylinder.

Looks like you've got all the parts you need, unless you also wish to replace the drive belt.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Do I need a puller for the Crank Shaft pully?

Reply to
99trooper

Sorry, I thought I checked to see if I'd answered all your questions. I guess not.

No, you don't need a puller. It should come right off. In some cases, however, it seizes to the crank sprocket. In Wisconsin, I'd suspect that corrosion on the pulley may make this happen. In these instances, you can often pry the pulley and sprocket out together and the timing belt will slip off. If you need to do this, try to have the engine set to TDC beforehand. If you think you'll have a lot of trouble, you may want to get a replacement sprocket beforehand. Trying to separate it from the pulley with a significant amount of force usually damages the sprocket.

Reply to
hyundaitech