A heads up on how to clean your Hyundai oxidized headlight lenses to near perfect condition again.

Ive tried a few specific products for cleaning the plastic headlight lenses, but nothing did a good job. I even tried a $30 product I watched on YouTube , to no avail. Upon experimenting , I found a simply low cost way that brought my fogged up/oxidized lenses back to almost new condition again : In the shade with the lenses cool , I first rubbed down the entire lense with 2000 grit sandpaper in a back and forth motion keeping the lense thoroughly wet with water and without apply too much pressure , then thoroughly washed off the residue with detergent and water., dried with a cloth , then applied WD40 aerosol spray and let it sit for about a minute before wiping twice with a clean dry cloth. While i dont have a picture to post, the result simply surprised me .

Just wanted to post this in case you need to do yours so you can see better at night. I did it on my 2002 Hyundai SantaFe.

Regards.

Reply to
ilbebauck

I,ve succesfully used a car polish of the "cut and polish" ilk. 3-4 polishes and they came up almost newish. Suppose the method is not too different to your method. John

Reply to
John