Any ideas on getting oil filter off?

My car is a VW turbo so I'm fearful of not changing the oil filter. The VW engineers would probably be horrified at my treating their car this way. They are very particular and peculiar people. The say absolutely no regular clamps on the vacuum lines! I have no idea what would happen if I did. I'm guessing that the headliner would fall and the doors would refuse to open - at least that's what's happening with my Passat. Hee hee.

Reply to
dsi1

Just letting you know, I DID buy the Harborfreight set today....I'll let you know how it works out, but I won't get to it for at least a week.

Reply to
jtees4

Take your time, it's still too hot to get out to work under the hood. Mine works great on both the Santa Fe (2003), and the Tucson (2013).

Reply to
Vic RR Garcia

WORKED LIKE A CHARM! Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried many wrenches and even some of the cap types....but the Harbor Freight one gripped much better and worked with two different shaped filters. Now I can use it on my wife's car also, which uses the same filter. Hers has never been changed either as we bought both cars in the same month last year. Thanks again.

Reply to
jtees4

You are welcome. I had the same problem before, grab those just for the cheap price ... they worked !!!!!

Reply to
Vic RR Garcia