Clunking when gently braking

I have a 2007 Entourage. After driving slowly from a dead stop and then gently braking there is sometimes a clunking noise and vibration in the brake pedal. This happened infrequently in the past, but now happens several times a week. The local garage mechanic checked the brakes and found nothing wrong. I`m wondering if the ABS is going on the fritz. If anyone can offer a suggestion as to what might be wrong, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Indrek Aavisto

Reply to
Indrek

hyundaitech

Is this an issue that needs to be fixed if I am willing to tolerate the occasional clunking? If I were to take the van to the dealer what sort of cost would I be looking at?

Thanks

Indrek Aavisto

Reply to
Indrek

That all depends on whether I'm correct and if so, how much the condition affects the actual braking. You should have this checked to find out what the problem is and the potential hazards. Once you know that, you can make a better decision.

Reply to
hyundaitech