Auto transmission goes thunk on 2001 Accent

The automatic transmission on my 2001 Accent will sometimes thunk when I come to a stop. Same thing when I shift from neutral to drive with the brake pedal down. Had the fluid checked and it is good. What is going on?

Reply to
accent

Its OK so long as it runs fine. If anything should happen, are you still covered by the warrenty? If so, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

The odometer is near 100,000 km. I will ask my dealer about the warranty left on the 2001 Accent. It is running fine except for the thunking noise. Pretty bad if this is considered normal.

Reply to
accent

Normal? NOT ON YOUR LIFE. Take it in for service. Have the service guy take a ride with you.

Reply to
Andy S

But Andy, the problem is dealerships don't normaly honor the warranty unless the car isn't driveable.

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Take it in, have them look at it, you want a history of problems documented even if they do nothing now. Your tranny will probably fail with 10k miles. :) Hyndai auto-trans fail a lot.

Reply to
Xiaoding

Most dealerships honor the warranty on any warrantable item even if the car is completely operable. If they don't, call the Hyundai customer assistance line.

Reply to
hyundaitech