2014 Sonata

The specs for the new Sonata are on the Hyundai web site. Overall, the car is the same style, but it has two upgrades and one downgrade.

The good news - - - HID headlights and LED tail lights. About time! I've disliked the type of headlight many cars have used the few years as it is too focused and leaves dark areas on hilly and curvy roads where you cannot use high beams due to oncoming traffic.

The bad news- - - When I buy a higher end model such as the Sonata Limited, I expect a certain level of luxury as standard. They have now made the electrochromatic mirror a $250 option. Why an option? Is this just a gimmick to keep the base price down? I'm hoping this is just for the GS models and is included in the Limited. The web site sill leave some things questionable.

The technology package is $3000 and includes the panoramic roof. What makes a sunroof part of technology? I've rather have $2000 tech and no sunroof. At least give me the option and not force it as part of a package.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

.

What is the 'technology' package, Ed? I could go to the web site but I know you will give me a better answer.

Arthur Toronto, Canada

Reply to
Arthur

Panoramic roof Navigation Premium sound HID headlights LED taillights Rearview camera

The camera is a fantastic option that should be standard on every car made. Congress is considering making it law, and they should.

Overall, the tech package is overpriced, but I expect that and every car maker does it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski