Brake noise

Appreciate your comments.

2003 Accent with 5k miles on it (still under warranty).

Applying the bakes can cause a soft repeating thud sound from rear of the car.

Dealer turned the drums at about 2k miles: stopped it briefly (Feb 2005).

Dealer replaced the drums, shoes, and wheel bearings at about 3.5k miles: stopped it for awhile (Mar 2005).

It is starting again.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Sam

Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer. Call 'em up and take it in so they can inspect it.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I had this two or three times with my 01 accent. A real light tapping sound from the rear when gently applying the brakes. (the tapping speed slowed along with the cars speed)

Anyhow, It turned out that the rear drums and handbrake needed to be re-adjusted. It is supposedto adjust itself but for some reason needed an adjustment every year or so.

Reply to
afob3