Check Engine light at 36000 miles

Really? It doesn't get any tighter after the first click, at least not unless the cap is defective. You do know what the clicks are from, right?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

If you only tighten my '99 Hyundai Accent gas cap to one click, I 100% guarantee you the Check Engine Light will come on.

Chris

Reply to
Guncho

I'd say you need a new gas cap then as it sounds like the clutch is defective. Personally, I think you'd have to work hard to get only one click. I give mine a good twist and typically get 3-4 clicks naturally, but the first one should be enough if the cap is in good shape.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting