Chrome window molding is scratched

The silver colored molding around the windows where you would rest your arm is showing scratch marks-is there a way to replace this?Its probably not real metal like it used to be. Thanks

Reply to
2011 Sonata SE owner

It's held on by clips and a screw or two. You'll need to remvoe the mirror

-- the molding goes under the mirror-- and one screw at the rear of the doo r that goes through into the molding. There may be another screw behind th e mirror. Other than that, it just clips into the door.

Expect to pay about $90 each for the strips, which do indeed still use actu al steel.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hmm... My pillar molding is completely gone. Not sure what happened, one day I noticed it was gone.

In that picture, it's the 'top' portion, not the portion pointed to with the arrows. I hope that's not a $90 part, but replacing it is such a low priority....

Reply to
Evan Platt

This portion is normally just black tape, not chrome as shown in the picture.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Mine is Chrome. I'll work on a pic later :)

Reply to
Evan Platt

thanks for the advice-I saw two of the screws so far-that's pretty expensive for just a piece of molding

Reply to
BLL

Chrome tape?

Paul in Houston TX