Class Action Lawsuit Files againt Hyundai Motor America for Faulty OCS Systems in 2004/2005 Elantras

what is all adults are the same weight who are you going to choose to die in case of an acccident, then they should not charge for air bags and let you decide if it is worth it to buy a car that does not rely on its safety issues to prevent an injury, that is why we buy these cars in the 1st place, for SAFETY!!!!!

Reply to
beto1217

Your bank WILL do replacement. Offering you a new vehicle is what most manufacturers will NOT do. Figure it out!

Reply to
Diarmud387

who do i need to contact at bamk of america because all the phone reps do not know what is a collateral swap!!!

Reply to
beto1217

Speak for yourself, oh paranoid one!

I buy my cars for TRANSPORTATION.

Anyone who RELIES on passive safety features is a fool. Why is it that some people freak out and assume that a malfuntioning airbag means INSTANT DEATH! While it's true that airbags can save lives under SOME conditions, simply wearing seat belts saves far more lives that airbags ever will. To listen to some people, you'd wonder how we ever survived before the advent of airbags.

If you want to be safe, don't drive. Since you don't appear to be the risk taking type, driving is probably the most dangerous thing you do in a given day. You'd be better off taking public transportation. If you really want to be safer when you drive, go to a good driving school and learn how it's supposed to be done. Knowing the limits of your vehicle and how to handle difficult situations properly will make you - and your passengers - FAR safer than any airbag.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Has it occurred to you to go to a branch in person and get some straight answers? Or if you MUST do this by phone, ask the rep to let you speak with their supervisor and work your way up the chain until you get some answers. Really, do you need someone to hold your hand every step of the way?

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Why don't you use capitalization, punctuation, read and correct what you type before you post, so people can understand what you're trying to say?

The sensor will sometimes not pick up someone seated in the passenger's seat, particularly if they're sitting with their legs crossed or their feet on the dash or if they're reclining. It happens with my girlfriend, who's 115#. If the light comes on, she readjusts her position in the seat until it goes off. Problem solved.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

I just did and they sent me to call loan services.......lets see what they tell me.....

Reply to
beto1217

I do apologize for the bad typing, I usually do not type a lot. All I am trying to do is figure this out, I have been thru this for quite sometime and now that the manufacturer has agreed to switch my car, now the bank is giving me headaches. I just need some advise, I am new to this postings and I had no idea how it worked, I was hoping someone would be experiencing the same, any ways I can take all kinds of criticism, after all that's why I am here for.

Reply to
beto1217

I'm presuming that you have a 110lb person who doesn't activate the system.

Did your dealer review with you the proper way for the passenger to be seated?

Was the dealer able to confirm there was an actual problem with the vehicle? If so, do you know how they did this and what their findings were?

What actions has the dealer already taken in an attempt to repair your vehicle?

Reply to
hyundaitech

well they have done this and tried that it has been extenuating, the problem now is that the bank wants me to refinance the new car instead of doing a collateral transfer, or substitution of collaterall i do not know the legal term.......anybody know if they do it because someone told me all banks do that after all they are switching their own collateral. any suggestions??

Reply to
beto1217

Hi....just to butt in in a related vein.... My '05 Santa Fe doesn't seem to have the passenger airbag activated/deactivated by the presence of a weight in the seat....there is no mention of it in the manual so I assume that the airbag is always active....yet I've heard that there are some Santa Fe's that have this feature....Which models/countrys/years etc. do they have this feature? Len

Reply to
Krazy Kanuck

Well.. when they offered me a replacement vehicle to replace my 05 Elantra they told me I could get the Sonata or the Tucson but not the Santa Fe because it has the same weight activation features as my elantra, I think it is on usa only models each coultry has it own rules and regulations of safety for the road, I suggest you check if this is true most likely you will have a window that displays " passenger air bag off " and it should go off if someone heavier than 56 pounds sits in the seat but the problem with my car is that my wife weights about

105 lb and even after having it fixed it still does not work, i do not want to start anything but what i would do is check for any recalls and it would not hurt to have it checked it should be under warranty right??
Reply to
beto1217

my problem is getting solved as we speak pretty soon this will be just a nightmare and i will have a problem free car.......thank you all for this postings.

Reply to
beto1217