Headlights - brights work, regular won't come on?

I just put in some used headlights for a 1996 Hyundai Accent. The brights work, but the regular headlights do not come on. I looked at the bulbs and the filaments seem to be ok. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Reply to
David Boucher

I would start with fuses. Does the accent have a different fuse for the highbeams & lowbeams?

Reply to
afob3

Reply to
sd_service

Go to

get a login, and check the schematic (if you're in the U.S.) That'll help you trace and find the problem. And the fuses and relays are the first place to start.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The 1996 Hyundai accent doesn't seem to have a separate fuse for high and low beams. I am not sure where the DRL module is located, or if this model has one.

Reply to
David Boucher

If you're in the U.S., you don't have DRL.

Reply to
hyundaitech